In a speech to the European Parliament this week, Conservative MEP for the East of England and recently elected President of the European Union’s Iraq Delegation, David Campbell Bannerman called for tough action in “destroying” ISIL. The MEP also said that “I had the opportunity to meet the Prime Minister of Turkey and Foreign Minister in Ankara two weeks ago in which I directly raised my concerns on Kobanê.” He went on to say that “Turkey’s very positive announcement to allow Iraqi Kurdish fighters to cross its border into Kobanê is most welcome, particularly with their sensitivities over PKK. We should support the Kurdistan Regional Government, but not get too close to the Iranian regime. In this regard, we should say that ‘The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.’ ” The MEP also promised “I intend to play a constructive role to ensure all tools: military, political, economic, humanitarian are used to destroy ISIL and protect minorities from these purveyors of evil.”
RECENT TWEETSMy Tweets
TAKING THE FEAR OUT OF BREXIT
TWO MINUTE TEASER
Investigating the Myths of a UK Withdrawal from the EU. You can see the full version HERE.
AS A CONSERVATIVE MEP I AM:
• A true Eurosceptic – with strong principles and the conviction to seek UK withdrawal from the EU
• A hard working MEP who defends our interests courageously in Europe
• Devoted to serving the whole of the East of England equally and without favouritism.
- Right to the Front of the Queue: Key Elements of a New US/UK Free Trade Agreement’
- European Parliament ratifies Canada trade deal at long last
- David Campbell Bannerman Interviewed on CNN about Brexit
- David Campbell Bannerman MEP writes in the Dunmow Broadcast about Brexit Vote
- David Campbell Bannerman Debates Brexit in BBC Look East Referendum Debate
HSNet – not HS2
CONSERVATIVES IN EUROPE
Find out more here.
THE ECR GROUP
Find out more about the European Conservatives and Reformists Group here.
LATEST NEWSLatest News and Media releases here..
YOUR CONSTITUENCY CONCERNSContact me with your concerns here.