Under tough questioning from Eastern Counties MEP David Campbell Bannerman during an International Trade Committee meeting on the 15th October 2015, European Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom denied that she had said “I do not take my mandate from the European people.” which was stated by the Independent on the 13th October 2015. The EU Trade Commissioner described John Hilary – executive director of the UK charity War on Want – as an activist who had fabricated the quote. The chairman of the International Trade Committee (INTA) Bernd Lange MEP also intervened in a breach of parliamentary protocol and stated that the question was ‘not fair politics.’
RECENT TWEETSMy Tweets
TAKING THE FEAR OUT OF BREXIT
TWO MINUTE TEASER
Investigating the Myths of a UK Withdrawal from the EU. You can see the full version HERE.
AS A CONSERVATIVE MEP I AM:
• A true Eurosceptic – with strong principles and the conviction to seek UK withdrawal from the EU
• A hard working MEP who defends our interests courageously in Europe
• Devoted to serving the whole of the East of England equally and without favouritism.
- Right to the Front of the Queue: Key Elements of a New US/UK Free Trade Agreement’
- European Parliament ratifies Canada trade deal at long last
- David Campbell Bannerman Interviewed on CNN about Brexit
- David Campbell Bannerman MEP writes in the Dunmow Broadcast about Brexit Vote
- David Campbell Bannerman Debates Brexit in BBC Look East Referendum Debate
HSNet – not HS2
CONSERVATIVES IN EUROPE
Find out more here.
THE ECR GROUP
Find out more about the European Conservatives and Reformists Group here.
LATEST NEWSLatest News and Media releases here..
YOUR CONSTITUENCY CONCERNSContact me with your concerns here.